The purpose of a subdivision application is to divide land into two or more parcels, as permitted by zoning regulations. Subdivision application can also include:
- Lot Line Adjustment (Re-alignment of existing property lines)
- Bareland Strata (individually titled lots with private access roads and utilities)
- Building Strata (individual unit ownership, with shared yard or common areas)
- Strata Conversion of Existing Buildings (conversion of a previously occupied building to strata title ownership)
With SCRD area, Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure (MOTI) is the approving authority for subdivisions. SCRD and Vancouver Coastal Health are referral agencies in the review of applications. SCRD is the regulator of land use. Vancouver Coastal Health is responsible for ensuring septic regulations are met. Subdividing land in the SCRD requires three complete applications: one to each of 1) the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure, 2) Vancouver Coastal Health and 3) to the Sunshine Coast Regional District.
- Prepare your plan and documents, review the application requirements
- Book an SCRD pre-application meeting with a Planner at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Book a MOTI pre-application meeting with MOTI
- Prepare any further requirements following pre-application meeting
- Submit complete application package to each authority, with all required documents, digital and hard copy (both are required). **Incomplete applications will not be accepted.**
- Pay the application fee. Fees will be accepted with a complete application package.
FORMS AND FEES
To complete an application to the SCRD, please fill out the Subdivision Application Form.
Subdivision applications fees are found here.